Have you ever found yourself having difficulty paying attention? Do you find yourself getting distracted easily? What if that same tendency for distraction is exactly what you need to turbocharge your productivity and success?
(Full audio below)
Using neurodiversity to your advantage
Welcome to the Invincible Success podcast which helps you amplify your sales, leadership, speaking, and life!
When Peter Shankman was young, he struggled in school. He found himself easily getting off task and often unable to sit still. Over time, it was determined Peter was one of the millions of Americans living with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). Instead of letting this obstacle stand in his way, Peter now uses it as a superpower.
As the author of 5 best-selling books on focus, productivity, and success, Peter now shares with others the lessons he learned from his ADHD. Lessons we can all use to increase our focus, productivity, and turbocharge our success.
- Many of the most successful people have learned they are different
- It is a hard thing to know and accept that you are different
- Neurodiverse Economy – in the next 10 years, 30% of people you hire will be neurodiverse
- With 100’s of things on the menu, making a choice can be extremely frustrating for neurodiverse customers
- Neurodiverse Customers are very loyal to companies that support them
- Companies should be looking to hire and accommodate neurodiverse
- Employers need to understand that different is good, not a challenge
- Learning to focus on things you should care about helps you simplify
- Learn to listen to your audience before becoming active on social media
- Before becoming active on social media, find out where your audience is and focus on that platform
- Peter discovered skydiving back in 2000 when he organized a corporate outing where 150 CEOs went skydiving
- Since then, he has now jumped over 500 times, including over the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt
Daily Success Habits:
- Always starts with exercise
- An hour on the bike each day
- Always try to help people every day
The New York Times has called Peter Shankman “a rockstar who knows everything about social media and then some.” He is a 5x best selling author, entrepreneur and corporate keynote speaker, focusing on customer service and the new and emerging customer and neuroatypical economy.
With three startup launches and exits under his belt, Peter is recognized worldwide for radically new ways of thinking about the customer experience, social media, PR, marketing, advertising, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and the new Neurodiverse Economy.
In addition to his passion for helping people and companies find success, some of Peter’s highlights also include:
- Founder of HARO – Help A Reporter Out, which became the standard for thousands of journalists looking for sources prior to being acquired three years after launch
- The ShankMinds Breakthrough Network, an elite, online mastermind of thought leaders, business experts, and change-makers
- Faster than Normal – The Internet’s #1 podcast on ADHD, focusing on the superpowers and gifts of having a “faster than normal brain,” which has helped thousands of people all around the world realize that having a neuroatypical brain is actually a gift, not a curse
Make sure to listen to previous episodes of the Invincible Success Podcast for more value.
Please Subscribe to the show to never miss an episode.
Right-click and ‘Save As’ to download the full episode to your computer.
Mark Steel is an Inspiring Sales and Leadership Keynote Speaker and a Presentation Skills coach. In addition, Mark is a TEDx speaker, podcast host, and the founder of Peak Potential, LLC.
With over 20 years of professional speaking experience, Mark is dynamic, engaging, informative, and fun. Sales, leadership, and team-building audiences rave about Mark’s ‘Invincible Success’ keynotes and programs. As a coach, Mark works with executives and professionals to ensure that when they speak, their message is resonating with the intended audience while moving them to act.
Visit Mark’s Speaking Topics page to learn more about how you can “Sell with Confidence, Lead with Purpose, and Speak with Impact.” Also watch for Mark’s forthcoming book, “Invincible Success: How to Amplify your Sales, Leadership, Speaking, and Life!”
Mark is a married father of two living outside Chicago, Il and he is an avid rock climber. #ClimbOn #InvincibleSuccess