Would you consider yourself a master at networking? Are you effectively using your network to meet those people that are helping you be more successful? In other words, are you thriving through connection?
(Full audio below)
Connection beyond networking
Welcome to the Invincible Success podcast which helps you amplify your sales, leadership, speaking, and life!
Years ago, I was not putting any effort into networking. I thought, “I meet enough people in my career, why should I spend more time networking?” It wasn’t until I left the corporate world and started my own business that I came to realize how much more effective and fulfilled I am via connection to others.
George Kahife understands the value of connection. Not just as a way to ensure even greater success in his career (which networking does just that), but to also give George the chance to have incredible, thought-provoking, enriching conversations with very cool people.
- Born in Lebanon, moved to Canada in school
- Worked at the Toronto Stock Exchange for several years
- Then moved to a firm focused on mergers and acquisition
- Has done some work in
- Today, he helps companies access capital
- That led him to start his own podcast – Let’s Grab Coffee
- When looking to raise money, consider
- Canada is starting to make available public offerings for US companies
- If you are considering a capital investment, educate yourself on all of the options
- Also, find key influencers that know the startup financing space
- Any side hustle, when doing something in your space, develop a thick skin
- George had a chance to interview Michael Hyatt of Blue Fin
- He has also interviewed successful leaders like Director X and David Siegel from David’s Tea
- When trying to connect to others, use different channels
- Also, being on someone’s radar on a channel where there isn’t as much noise
- Show value, be consistent and be sincere
- George uses the practice of brutal prioritization
- Do routine personal audits
- Regularly take stock to determine how you are spending your time
Daily Success Habits:
- Some form of exercise every day
- Always striving to eat as best as he can
- Being genuine in random moments
- Be aware when you need to pull back and relax
- Early in your week, take the time to prime yourself for the week
George Khalife is a sales & marketing professional with a background in finance and the DNA of an entrepreneur. At just 26 years old, George became the Vice President at the Toronto Stock Exchange – based out of Chicago, to establish TSX & TSX Venture Exchange in the Midwest and helping companies access Canadian public capital.
Prior to joining the TSX, George led the marketing & business development for a growing financial technology startup, owl.co and before that led the business development for Canada’s #1 mid-market Technology M&A firm called Sampford Advisors.
On the side, George has co-founded an app called BookBack for students to buy and sell books more easily (which cracked the top 100 list for book-related apps), as well as hosts a podcast called Let’s Grab Coffee where he interviews successful leaders across different industries (available on major platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, YouTube, etc.).
Make sure to listen to previous episodes of the Invincible Success Podcast for more value.
Please Subscribe to the show to never miss an episode.
Right-click and ‘Save As’ to download the full episode to your computer.
Mark Steel is an Inspiring Sales and Leadership Keynote Speaker and a Presentation Skills coach. With over 20 years of professional speaking experience, Mark is dynamic, engaging, informative, and fun. Sales, leadership, and team-building audiences rave about Mark’s ‘Invincible Success’ keynotes and workshops. As a coach, Mark works with executives and professionals to ensure when they speak, their message is resonating. Visit Mark’s Speaking Topics page to learn more about how you can “Sell with Confidence, Lead with Purpose, and Speak with Impact.”
Mark is also a married father of two living outside Chicago, Il and he is an avid rock climber. #ClimbOn #InvincibleSuccess