Are you a leader looking to improve employee loyalty? Perhaps you’ve recently grown larger, taking on new staff. Quick growth can often lead to personality conflicts. Or perhaps you’ve recently had to let several employees go. Either scenario can cause churn and unhappiness. This episode helps you address many common employee loyalty challenges.
(Full audio below)
How leadership can improve employee loyalty
Welcome to the Invincible Success podcast which helps you amplify your sales, leadership, and life!
Looking to improve employee loyalty? Heather Younger is an employee engagement expert which has earned her the reputation of “The Employee Whisperer.”
Heather has faced adversity, both in her former workplace and in her early years. This adversity pushed Heather to develop a talent for understanding when employees are feeling disconnected and unhappy. Listen as she shares some of the key signs for leadership and what they can do to address this employee loyalty challenge.
- Today, Heather owns her own business around employee engagement
- Years ago, she worked for an organization that laid off 200 people
- As they did, she recocognized leaqdership was not paying attention to the feelings of the remaining employees, so she stepped in to help
- Later, in another round of cuts, her job was eliminated, so she started writing about it on LinkedIn
- After she wrote over 40 posts on LinkedIn, but wanted to evangelize even more, so she started speaking professionally
- Heather suggests the more we can create a connection to those around us (i.e. employees), the more effective we’ll be
- Ideas to create connection: Problem-solve business challenges together or Set up monthly “coffee with leaders”
- Heather had bi-racial parents. Because of that, her grandparents never accepted her as a kid
- This led Heather to question whether she would ever good enough
- That adversity taught her to constantly reframe setbacks
- When a setback happens, allow the emotion to happen (Don’t dismiss the feeling away)
- Then, after you let the emotion happen, then flip a switch and move to positivity
- Focus on your strengths, how you can learn, what strength can you now apply
- When something happens, we could all be victims, or we can see opportunity
- Heather recently did a TEDx Talk called Transforming Adversity into Opportunity
- She has found that most barriers exist in our mind, not in reality
Daily Success Habits:
- Loves doing workouts – Physical activity helps her feel more centered
- Spending time with family is most important
- Loves walking in the bright son with her son
Heather Younger is the best-selling author, international TEDx speaker on adversity, podcast host on leadership, facilitator and Forbes Coaches Council coach, she has earned her reputation as “The Employee Whisperer”. Her experiences as a CEO, entrepreneur, manager, attorney, writer, coach, listener, speaker, collaborator and mother all lend themselves to a laser-focused clarity into what makes employees of organizations and companies – large and small – tick.
Heather has facilitated more than 150 communication style and leadership workshops, reaching +100 employers and their employees. Her motivation and philosophy have reached more than 20,000 attendees at her speaking engagements on large and small stages. Companies have charted their future course based on her leading more than 100 focus groups. In addition, she has helped companies see double-digit employee engagement score increases through implementation of her laws and philosophies. She has driven results in a multitude of industries, including banking, oil & gas, construction, energy, and federal and local government.
Her book “The 7 Intuitive Laws of Employee Loyalty” hit Forbes Must-Read list and is a go-to source for HR professionals seeking insight into their organization’s’ dynamics.
Coupled with her Leadership with Heart podcast, weekly videos and employer newsletters, Heather stays connected to organizations long after she leaves the stage or conference room.
Today, Heather hopes to empower and inspire you to change the experiences for your employees.
- Heather Younger’s TEDx – Transforming Adversity
- Heather Younger on LinkedIn
- Heather’s “Leadership with Heart” Podcast
Please Subscribe to the show to never miss an episode.
Right-click and ‘Save As’ to download the full episode to your computer.
Mark Steel is an Inspiring Sales and Leadership Keynote Speaker and a Communications Skills coach. With over 20 years of professional speaking experience, Mark is dynamic, engaging, informative, and fun. Sales, leadership, and team-building audiences rave about Mark’s ‘Invincible Success’ keynotes and workshops. As a coach, Mark works with executives and professionals to ensure when they speak, the audience is listening. Mark is also a married father of two living outside Chicago, Il and he is an avid rock climber. #ClimbOn #InvincibleSuccess