Are you a leader, executive, salesperson, or entrepreneur looking to generate more sales? In this new virtual economy, are you looking to still engage and move your customer to act? This week’s guest shares with us the secrets to Getting Others To Do What You Want.
(Full audio below)
Getting Other To Do What You Want
Welcome to the Invincible Success podcast which helps you amplify your sales, leadership, speaking, and life!
Lynne Franklin is a self-admitted “Neuroscience Nerd” who has been a thought-leader in persuasive communication for over 20 years. She is a professional speaker, author, and coach who works with organizations to improve their communication effectiveness.
- The Power of Reading Minds – Her TEDx Talk spoke about reading minds
- It comes down to being able to read body language
- There are Lookers, Listeners, and Feelers
- Lookers (75% of population), use visual words to connect with them
- Listeners (About 20% of population), Use less eye contact and use auditory words
- Touchers (5% of population) – Use feeling words and if you are comfortable, give them a hug or shake hands
- You can use visualization to understand if you are Looker, Listener, or Toucher
- All of us process information in all three way, but we have a dominant strength
- Mirror neurons in our brains encourage us to have similar styles as though around us
- Setting a goal for ALL important communications in advance
- Always, always be intentional when planning any meeting or customer communication
- Think of the 3 most important messages you want the client to remember after you’re gone
- Our short-term memory can only hold 3 items at a time
- People can only listen to a talking head for 7 minutes
- Every 7 minutes you need to change their state (change the energy)
Daily Success Habits:
- Set goals for the day – Ask: “What do I want to create today?”
- “What kind of experience do I want to give others today?”
- At the end of the day, review your progress on your goals and adjust
After a boy threatened to kill her with a machete, Lynne Franklin started learning all she could about persuasion. She’s a neuroscience nerd: translating how the brain works into practical, easy-to-use communication tools. Leaders and teams work with Lynne to advance their careers by building more rapport, creating more trust, and attracting more opportunities. Her TEDx Talk, on how to be a mind reader, went viral with over 3 million views (http://bit.ly/2C9CE3G).
Lynne is a communication coach, speaker and trainer, and past president of the National Speakers Association Illinois Chapter. She wrote Getting Others To Do What You Want (https://amzn.to/2L56DSp) and is working on her next book—Leaders on Rapport: Secrets to Creating Successful Connections.
Make sure to listen to previous episodes of the Invincible Success Podcast for more value.
Please Subscribe to the show to never miss an episode.
Right-click and ‘Save As’ to download the full episode to your computer.
Mark Steel is an Inspiring Sales and Leadership Keynote Speaker and a Presentation Skills coach. In addition, Mark is a TEDx speaker, podcast host, and the founder of Peak Potential, LLC.
With over 20 years of professional speaking experience, Mark is dynamic, engaging, informative, and fun. Sales, leadership, and team-building audiences rave about Mark’s ‘Invincible Success’ keynotes and programs. As a coach, Mark works with executives and professionals to ensure that when they speak, their message is resonating with the intended audience while moving them to act.
Visit Mark’s Speaking Topics page to learn more about how you can “Sell with Confidence, Lead with Purpose, and Speak with Impact.” Also watch for Mark’s forthcoming book, “Invincible Success: How to Amplify your Sales, Leadership, Speaking, and Life!”
Mark is a married father of two living outside Chicago, Il and he is an avid rock climber. #ClimbOn #InvincibleSuccess